Thursday, October 10

Month 2 & 3

A lot of people ask me, "So.. what do you do all day? Do you just get so bored being a stay-at-home mom?" And honestly- the last word that comes to my mind about being at home with my sweet baby is boring. My days ZIP by and before I know it, Chris is coming home from work and we only have what seems like a couple short hours together before we go to bed and start our routine all over again.

I just want to press pause on our lives right now. When did my newborn turn into a 3 MONTH OLD?! Blah blah, you've heard every mom say the same thing.. But I just can't get over how quickly it all happens.

I was eyeball-deep in moving during Will's second month of life, so I never documented anything. So let me do a quick recap:

Month 2:
  • At 7 weeks, Will slept through the night for the first time. I remember waking up at 6:30 and thinking he was probably dead in his crib. I was so scared to go check on him, but when I did, he was just happily snoozing away. It was a little off and on for a couple weeks, but he is finally consistently sleeping 9-10 hours a night. And sometimes I have to wake him up at 10:00 a.m.! I definitely contribute his sleeping pattern to Baby Wise. I am so happy that we chose to do a sleep training program with Will. It has made both of our lives so much easier. For all of you expectant mothers out there, I would most definitely recommend that you read the Baby Wise book and implement it into your little ones life. 
  • As many of you know, Will was a screamer. Bless his little heart.. and lungs for that matter. After trying several things to help him with no avail, we finally decided to try acid reflux medicine. BINGO. Our lives took a complete 180 after that. Fussy baby no more. 
  • Around 8 weeks he started smiling. GAHHH. The best. No better feeling than knowing your baby is happy.
  • At his 2 month appointment, Will was in the 95th percentile for height and 91st percentile for weight. Can you say BIG BOY? Chris has high hopes for a tall boy ;)
  • Will ate his first food. A band-aid. Let me tell you the quick version of the story. He got an ingrown fingernail. So I called the pediatrician and she said- and I QUOTE- "Cut it out with his little fingernail clippers (so much easier said than done), put some neosporin on it to prevent infection, and then make sure to cover it with a band-aid so that he doesn't try to suck off the neosporin.." So I completed all of the above. including putting a tiny band-aid on his finger. And guess what I found in his diaper two days later? Yep.. you guessed it. I almost died when I saw it in there. That little bugger wasn't going to let that band-aid stop him from getting to that neosporin. So sick. Thank the heavens he didn't choke on it.
{<9 weeks & 11 weeks>}
 {2 month appointment. I was TERRIFIED of the traumatizing shot experience, but he handled it like a champ}
{This chubba belly is always hangin out}
 {The smiles}
{Grandpa Brown and Grandpa Jepsen. Who does he look like?}


Month 3:
  • Starting to jabber. But not really a quiet talk jabber. Mostly just yells at us. Not in a mean way.. just a loud way.
  • Recognizes mom and dad. I LOVE this. Of course I want him to go to other people easily, but its such a rewarding feeling to be the only one who can comfort and calm him. 
Some of Wills favorite things: 
  • His thumb. At first I was afraid to let him do it in fear that it would be an awful habit to break. But it's just so stinkin cute that I can't get myself to pull it out. So... live and let suck. See what I did there? 

  • His blanky. Oh how he loves his blanky. One in specific- black and minky. I wanted him to have an item of comfort that he could have with him whenever he was away from home, so I kind of trained him. And it totally worked! Whenever he seems tired, I just grab his blanky and hold it next to his face and he immediately cuddles in and falls asleep. Perfect. 
{Always has to be touching his face}
  • The bath (still). This kid lives to take a bath. The moment I dip his little body into the water, he just goes limp and floats in my hands. He gets in this daze and just looks around with a little smirky on his face. Haha. Its the funniest. 
{3 months}
{So nice to finally have a yard to play in. This little one loves fresh air}
{Kallee and Will. Matching cousins}
{Teaching him young  {{USU}}  Our little Aggie}

I don't know if I will ever get used to being a mom. There will always be something new to learn and ways to improve my parenting. This little boy is teaching me some serious patience. And at the same time, teaching me how to love more than I knew I could. It's amazing how such a tiny little person can put your entire life into perspective.


I love you my little Will, I can't wait to watch you grow.

2 comments:

  1. Okay seriously, this is adorable. He is so CUTE Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, his thumb sucking makes me want to die! Cutest thing ever. Second, the bandaid story is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Showing love for our love...